How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 199

Scripture: Ps 97, 99, 94; 2 Chronicles 29:1-3, 30:1(2-9)10-27; 1 Corinthians 7:32-40; Matthew 7:1- 12


Scripture standout: Matthew 7: "7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."


Matthew 7: "12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."


His Deed/The day: So I'm sitting here at the end of my day with my glass of wine realizing that I did not do anything but the obligatory work and get the kids where they needed to go. I scrambled. I thought about how I'd want others to treat me. And I love surprise, out of the blue love. So I sent some to my not-so=little-anymore niece in Texas who needs lots of it. Via Facebook. Voila. Love Facebook, love my cousin, love sharing love — and getting myself some.

No comments:

Post a Comment