How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 174

Scripture: Ps 31, 35; 1 Kings 11:26-43; James 4:13—5:6; Mark 15:22-32


Scripture standout: James 4: "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”


Morning thoughts: We are just a mist — such an important thing to remember! I could spend whole weekends worrying about my path, and what I should be doing, or what I could be accomplishing, blah, blah, blah. But to remember we're just a quickly disappearing mist? That puts some perspective on things!

Even when I accept that the whole truth and nothing but, another thought creeps in. "Yes, but I want to be EFFECTIVE mist." And I can be EFFECTIVE mist if I do this, that or the other, blah, blah, blah. Why can't I just be happy being mist? Aren't I naturally being effective mist if the smartest hand in the world gives me a squirt? Maybe it's that I want to be not unlike...Poopourri. Has anyone tried this fine product?


Poopourri produces a white, milky mist. It's a mist you squirt into the potty before a sit down. It traps any repelling odor beneath the mist cloud on top of the potty water. Brilliant! Poopouri is misty, it's effectiveness is unparalleled and it's a brilliant idea that was probably invented by some fed-up housewife tired of sharing the john with her husband.

Poopouri is effective. But it's only effective when someone grabs it off the counter and pumps a few rounds into the pot before a poop.

His Deed/The Day: Today I am going to write a visa extension letter for two Afghan boys I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment