How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 197

Scripture: Ps 78:1-16 and Exodus 17:1-7; Philippians 2:1-13; Matthew 21:23-32


Scripture standout: Phillipians 2: "3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
 6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
   by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
   being made in human likeness."

Philippians 2: "13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."


His Deed/The Day: I did something of vain conceit last night. With everyone out doing their thing, I sat on the couch with a half-eaten bag of healthy cheese puffs and a cold glass of chardonnay and watched Housewives of NJ and Beverly Hills reruns until 10:30 p.m. Do I feel like I accomplished something the morning after? No. But it was fun at the time for sure! Today, God help me be a better servant and a lesser Housewives Fan. Or, at least, let me think "bless her heart" instead of "Holy crap I can't believe she just said that," when I'm indulging myself. Today, I will make a donation to Pace Center for Girls. They have a fund for birthday parties to help program girls celebrate their big days. I will do it in honor of the friend who is celebrating her big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment