How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 178

Scripture: Ps 45, 47, 48; 1 Kings 16:23-24; Philippians 1:12-30; Mark 16:1-8(9-20)
Scripture standout: Mark 16: "4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away."


Morning thoughts: Am I going to let these big boulder projects in my path make me worry? Or am I going to be confident that the stones will be rolled away? The latter option sounds a lot more manageable.

His Deed/The Day: Right off the bat, the day started with an opportunity to remove a bolder from someone's path — it was a woman carrying a large bag, trying to get out of our office. Cha-ching! Also thanked my brother-in-law for giving me the Story Corps book, Listening is an Act of Love. I will get more into that later, because there were some profound stories in that book that made me cry like a baby last night. Also solicited some high school friends to go in on a grocery store gift card for a classmate who lost everything she owned in the Bastrop, TX fires. She and her husband have three kids. The worst thing is, she's one of many, many people who are in the same boat. Prayers for Bastrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment