How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 191

Scripture: Ps 80, 77; 2 Kings 5:1-19; 1 Corinthians 4:8-21; Matthew 5:21-26
Scripture standout: Matthew 5: "22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[b][c] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[d] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
   23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift."

His Deed/The Day; My brother and I did not get along very well growing up. It was physical. We'd fight like two ferrel cats. We said mean things to each other all the time. One time, it was so bad that my sweet mother jumped into her two-tone station wagon, General Lee style, and fishtailed out of the driveway. We were bewildered, and stopped fighting! As we got older, and life's challenges and losses faced both of us, our relationship improved significantly. Today we speak infrequently, but when we do it's humor-full and fun. I adore his sweet family. Thank GOD I can offer my gift at the altar when it comes to Clay. Now I just have to address all those other "brothers" an "sisters" who I silently call Raca! to in my mind.

Even though I wanted to shout RACA! to the car needing to get in line, I thought better...and let them in so we could all get out kids out of the neighborhood and to school at a reasonable hour. Also wrapped up a small donation to a friend's fundraising cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment