How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 195

Scripture: Ps 88, 91, 92; 2 Kings 9:17-37; 1 Corinthians 7:1-9; Matthew 6:7-15


Scripture standout: Matthew 6: '14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."


His Deed/The Day: I am pretty easy going when it comes to being angry with people, or not forgiving them. But I know I just need to sit down and think about who I'm not forgiving in different terms. Maybe it's not about who makes me angry, but who annoys the heck out of me to the point I feel sour inside. I know of people like that in my life...not to many, but they're there. Or there have been incidents that fit that category. What annoying person have I not forgiven today? I am going to ponder that thought as soon as everybody is safely and happily at school.

That's hard, I decided. I guess it is hard to let go of all the reasons some people annoy me, and just forgive forgive forgive. I found myself doing anything but with some internal commentary I was having with work peers. Today I had the opportunity to listen. I'm good at that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment