How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 189

Scripture: Ps 75, 76, 23, 27; 2 Kings 2:1-18; 1 Corinthians 4:1-7; Matthew 5:17-20


Scripture standout: Ps 23: "1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. "


His Deed/The Day: Somehow my little friend from Afghanistan, Qudrat, got my email address. He sent this:


hello mom how are you?iam fine what my school
 
thanyou mom for your latter iam very very happy becuse i finedyou iam mess you i wan to
 
see you i rean have firnd in hear jest me but i want mom you now i mess you allat
 
i love you very very mach
and love to you bey bey


I responded with a note encouraging him on on in school. I told him that I pray for him daily, which I do. Wish there was something more tangible to do, but maybe it helps a little to get mail. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment