How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 193

Scripture: Ps 119:33-40; Proverbs 3:1-6; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; Matthew 9:9-13


Scripture standout: Proverbs 3: "5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
   and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 in all your ways submit to him, 
   and he will make your paths straight."

Matthew 9: "12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”


His Deed/The Day: Last night I was deed in the nicest of ways by a friend who let me tag along with her to a Bible study. Just welcomed me right in! And it was such a nice evening of women sharing their experiences and perspectives. It reminded me how important the gift, or deed, of time and interest is to others. Today, I will thank her for those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment