How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 50

Scripture: Psalm 8; Psalm 114; Acts 3:11-26; Luke 24:36-48 


Scripture standout: Luke 24: "38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds?"


Morning thoughts: It's 4:48 and I had troubled sleep last night. Beginning at 2 a.m., I tossed and flipped and floundered. I'll feel better in a minute when RB and I start padding the pavement for our morning run. But right now, troubled doesn't even begin to describe how I feel now. Run over by a truck, might be the better phrase.


I did not sleep well last night because, like the disciples in the story, I had doubt in my mind. My brain was definitely troubled. Yesterday, I tried to share my feelings about a very delicate but important situation with someone. I don't think it went very well. The result? Troubled-ness. Sleepless-ness. Worry-warted-ness. Has this every happened to you? A challenge or conflict presents itself. And what does the brain do? It goes in to hyper overdrive — analyzing data, preparing scripts, researching background and offering narrative. It's exhausting!


Now I will prepare to run it off and ask my "other running buddy," the Big Guy, to take the rather large file folder of data and printouts that my brain produced last night and throw it in the shredder.


The Deed/The Day: Today's deeding was to make entertainment preparations for people I enjoy being around. With any lucky, my neighbors and friends will come to the house at 4 a.m. to toast the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. They'd better come because the news station is going to be here, too. The salon I use ratted me out! They couldn't find anyone else having a party, so our little 4 a.m. soiree will provide some live news feed for the local station. I spent a couple of hours today making the house look "wedding-y" and putting everything out. It's fun to prepare the house for others to enjoy. If no one comes, I will be royally bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment