How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 28 in Review

Prayer: yes
Scripture: Yes
Silence: Yes, in the car in lieu of NPR


The Deed/The Day: Turns out, the dietician lady isn't so horrible. In fact, she gave me some great news: that I'm on the way low end of the scale and that I can still enjoy wine freely. Yay! The bad/good news is that my exercise routine and running are keeping me healthy. So it's not something I could just quit, even if I wanted to. I hope Running Buddy is ready to pad the pavement Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings for years to come! The bad news? Every oriental rug in my home has moths. Now they're all rolled up and gone to be treated and the house sounds hollow. It reminds me of this famous biblical humdinger from John: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal." Dang moths.  I am now certifiably obsessed with them. I can't go into a room now without doing a quick, upward scan of the ceiling to see if I can spot any runaway moths. Dang moths!


OK, so I laid out today's deed yesterday. Last night, I bought a few necessary items at Walgreens like toothpaste and toothbrushes at Walgreens for the family displaced by a house fire last week. Today I delivered them to the office collecting the items. It was one of those "swoosh!" deeds. But it still felt good.


Words of encouragement/advice: Psalm 91:3 "Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence."


Final thoughts: Dang moths!

No comments:

Post a Comment