How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 37

Scripture: Ps 95, 22, 141, 143:1-12; Jeremiah 29:1, 4-13; Romans 11:13-24; John 11:1-27; John 12:1-10


Scripture Standout: Jeremiah 29: '11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."


Morning thoughts: It is exhausting trying to make plans for myself and the kids and the rest of our lives. Just recently, we've been planning about the kids' education and what happens next. What a worrisome, all-consuming exercise! Then I read this again, and again, and again, and again — until I'm reminded all this nilly willy worrying is pointless. God already has a plan in mind for each one of us. Instead of worry, worry, worry, I need to do more seek, seek, seeking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment