How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 35 in Review

Prayer: Yes, and in a thankful way between the Duck Pond and my home that RB and I did not encounter the dreaded "Flasher" during our run.

Scripture: yes
Silence: Yes, while waiting for the green light at Greenridge and Hendricks.

The Deed/The Day: Easy...running home from the Duck Pond this morning after our six-miler, I almost tripped over a newspaper in the sidewalk. With a quick bendover and toss, the paper was a few feet closer to the homeowner's doorstep.

Words of encouragement/Advice: None

Final thoughts: This is going to sound crazy, but ever since my mom died I feel like I experience a lot more lights going off or going on when I pass. I'm talking about street lamps or lights, which I know are on a timer and have to out, but still. This morning, with the thoughts of my mom still fresh in my head, I experienced a very deliberate light outage right as RB and I passed underneath. I love to remember sounds of my mother's voice. I feel like that was a tangible way to experience it. I know it is weird, but somehow I feel like this morning's event was a sort of reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment