How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 29 in Review


Prayer: yes
Scripture: yes
Silence: yes, on the way home from the Duck Pond after this morning's run. (Side note: and disclaimer, this is nasty: I got an email this morning saying there was a flasher on the streets of San Marco at 6:30 a.m.. He presented himself to a fellow runner not five minutes after RB and I left one another at the water fountain after this morning's run. That is so gross! Who does that?!?!)

The Deed/The Day: Today's deed involved the sharing of humor. My neighbor shared a very funny You Tube video. It is below. I got a good chuckle out of it, and forwarded it to SMTM (Second Mother to Me) who has experienced more than her share of loss and sadness during the past few years. She LOVES typewriters. She can work over a computer, but typewriters are where it's AT for SMTM. The video my neighbor shared was right up SMTM's alley. So I forwarded it along and she responded that she could not stop laughing.

Laughing doesn't seem like a big deed-able affair, but I think it is. Laughing is a spiritual experience. Whenever you can share laughter, it does wonders for the spirit. That constitutes a good deed in my book.

Words of encouragement/advice: Why laughter is the best medicine... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/07/health/webmd/main1481492_page2.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Final thoughts: So, the concert went well this afternoon. I did not pit too much, although I was definitely feeling amped up and nervous before the big show in front of 30 fourth-graders. Despite the nerves, I felt an overriding sense of doing good. That was nice. I might even — do it again sometime. In other news, the moths are STILL flying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment