How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Four




Scripture: Ps 30, 32, 42, 43; Deuteronomy 7:17-26; Titus 3:1-15; John 1:43-51


Scripture standout: Titus 3: "1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone."


And this, which has personal meaning to me. I'll explain..
Ps. 32: "8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. 9 Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you."


Morning thought: The high school mascot of Alamo Heights High School in San Antonio, TX, my alma mater and that of my mom and grandfather, is — yep, a mule. "Fight, brave mules, fight!" I'm not knocking mules either, because I am proud of my mule heritage. My interpretation of the above verse is not literal by any stretch, but it did make me think how I can attempt to let go of my old self (my non-Lent experimenting, head-in-my-bahonkus, it's-all-about-me-and-my-agenda MULE) and be more of a student who is open and available to direction. Now it's off the races...Ben and I are doing the Gate River Run together this morning. He's a real lesson. That 11-year-old gets up one morning and runs 9 miles without any decent training. He just does it. He shows me each year that you can "run with endurance" when you ignore limitations and do it.
Two things to check out:

1 comment:

  1. I love the story on the Pagcics! See a need -- fill it. It's that simple.
    I'm glad they chose to do it publicly because it inspires me.

    ReplyDelete