How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 21 in Review

Prayer: yes
Scripture: yes
Silence: yes

The deed/the day: Before leaving for New York, I prayed for two families going through an illness diagnosis and a home move...figured I needed to be proactive before gettting to the city. GOod thing I did because I've done nothing but enjoy myself ever since. Except I did get an email sharing great needs from a Jax family who lost everything they owned in a house fire last weekend. I get all the way to NYC and the most obvious and solvable need comes from the home town. When we return, I know we can help in some way. People watching has taken on a new flavor this year in NYC. I definitely feel a little more excited and connected to the people around me, but no great deed opportunities have presented themselves...yet.

Words of encouragement/advice: Start spreading the news...

Final thoughts:

No comments:

Post a Comment