How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 22 in Review

Prayer: yes, during a nice long shower
Scripture: yessirree!
Silence: Not much silence here,but tried to tune out

The deed/The Day: got one deed out of the way early...at Starbucks. I held the door for two gals coming out with their coffee. They said, I like your coat! I said, I like your sweater! It was a very complimentary morning! NYBa and I envisioned us duking it out falling over each other to deed people today. But it all worked out. She put a bill in a beggers cup. Good one! One of the last places we stopped today was a kids sock store. We were getting the girls a little treat. The poor woman behind the register started rubbing her head in pain when she was checking me out. i thought she was going to have one of those brain attacks! Instead of tuning out, I asked her if she was OK and then remembered I had baggy full of Advil in my purse. She was thankful to have some.

And now we're off for some off color irreverent humor at Book of Mormon. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment