How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day Five


ScripturePs 32; Genesis 2:15-17; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-19; Matthew 4:1-11


Scripture standout:


Morning thought: (Disclaimer: the following is unsuitable for happy Lenten ears looking for some ideas.) I can't get myself to be quiet this morning! I have no morning thoughts. None. The voices of what I have to do today tomorrow the next day, blah, blah, blah are so loud and annoying. We have a house guest coming in this afternoon, turns out I am teaching Sunday School this morning when I thought I wasn't, my work deadlines are tomorrow — and that doesn't fit in with a house guest and a big fundraiser luncheon — uggh, I am tired and don't see any opportunities for lost sleep and the kids have all sorts of stuff going on that need my attention.  Yes, I am the ultimate Debbie Downer today, on this beautiful quiet Sunday morning. Just stay away. I can hardly even read scripture this morning, much less find something that stands out. I cannot avoid The Noid ('memba him?)

Is that what it means to be "tested in the wilderness?" Because if so, that is a coincidence.

10-Minute-Late Addendum to morning thought: Coffee helps, by the way. My perspective is coming back. There are two major items of serendipity this morning in the paper. Super heroes have been on the brain during this experiment, and low and behold, what's on the front page of today's Times-Union? A whole spread about "Unsung Heroes Around Us." Isn't that amazing? Read it and see for yourself!


So, the other coincidence is not so spiritual. But it does answer a question from a previous post regarding Sister Wives. A headline in Life says they'll be back on television tonight at 9 p.m. Hopefully, I will be too in bed by then to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment