How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 138

Scripture: Ps 61, 62, 68; 2 Samuel 3:6-21; Acts 16:6-15; Mark 6:30-46.


Scripture standout: Ps 62: "1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; 
   my salvation comes from him. 
2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; 
   he is my fortress, I will never be shaken."

Mark 6: "32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place."

Morning thoughts: These are not morning thoughts, they're late afternoon almost suppertime thoughts. I made the mistake this morning of cracking my email inbox first — before my run and before some quiet time. Wouldn't you  know, the emails consumed me quickly — and from there, not a moment of the day was free to just sit. And read. And go to a solitary place.

I love being solitary. The idea of being by myself, away from extraneous noise and needful people, is what often recharges my batteries. After Marley was born, I got a hotel room about five miles away from the house and just spent a night there. By. My.Self. I used every towel. I took long showers. I stared mouth agape at the television set. I slept late. I listened to my thoughts. I was recharged. The unfortunate thing, is I could do this once a week!

Maybe that's why I should protect my morning quiet time a little better than this.


His Deed/The Day: I admired a newborn at the store today. I ooed and awed over the little 5-week old peanut. Don't I remember those days like they were yesterday! I loved that attention, it made me feel so proud and purposeful after many sleepless nights and feeling like I had no clue what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment