How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 128

Scripture: Ps 30, 32, 42, 43;  1 Samuel 22:1-23; Acts 13:26-43; Mark 3:19-35


Scripture standout: Ps 30: "4 Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people; 
   praise his holy name. 
5 For his anger lasts only a moment, 
   but his favor lasts a lifetime; 
weeping may stay for the night, 
   but rejoicing comes in the morning."

Mark 3: "34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”"

Morning thoughts: Ashraf is leaving our house on Monday after nearly three months. I am ready to have my house back and to re-focus on our routine, and the children's needs. Or am I? I have been on this ride with all the other Solace families all summer long. It has been a whirlwind at times. There has been weeping at night and angry moments and frustrations. I have barely been able to write two sentences for the newspaper or for this blog without someone just behind me, or someone calling out for "mom!" But rejoicing has come each morning. And I feel quite certain that it will be joyful to look back on all the hard work from this summer. And I think i might even...miss it.



His Deed/The Day: Checked in with some family who has had some health struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment