How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 123

Scripture: Ps 119:105-112; Genesis 25:19-34; Romans 8:1-11; Matthew 13:1-9, 18-2


Scripture standout: Romans 8: "5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. "


Morning thoughts: And how do I do that exactly?


His Deed/The Day: Here's me today: I have GOT to get some work done. Here's me planning my day: I'm going to work all afternoon. Here's me following my own schedule: loitering at church, then a farewell Solace meeting, then working for 10 minutes, then chatting with a friend for 2 hours then getting ready for someone else's dinner party in my house. It was comical how many roadblocks went up when I tried to do what I thought I needed to be doing. It's like there's this loud and clear message that I need to stop worrying about getting all this work done!

Today's deed was mentioned above: letting someone else host a dinner party in our house. That "someone else" was a 19-year-old interpreter who was no expert party planner, cook or cleaner-upper — just a big kid with a big heart to share a meal.

Qudrat told me tonight that I am like a mom to him. He has been very distant and sad today. He does not want to leave. It's killing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment