How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 135

Scripture: Ps 55, 138;  2 Samuel 1:1-16; Acts 15:22-35; Mark 6:1-13


Scripture standout: Ps 55: "22 Cast your cares on the LORD 
   and he will sustain you;"

Morning thoughts: I let my cares get the best of me all the time. Then I realize it, try to file it all away efficiently and present a final report that it's all under control — thanks, of course, to me and my skillful organizational ways. Then I wake up again in the morning and all the paperwork is scattered around again in my brain, and I go through the same process. My little internal secretary's running around frantically trying to fix it all. Why is it so hard to remember that I can just take all those extraneous files and toss the whole kit-in-kaboodle to God?


His Deed/The Day: Passed along congratulations to someone who has a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment