How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 121

Scripture: Ps 16, 17, 22; 1 Samuel 17:17-30; Acts 10:34-48; Mark 1:1-13


Scripture standout: Acts 10: "34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right."


Ps 16: "9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; 
   my body also will rest secure, 
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, 
   nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay. 
11 You make known to me the path of life; 
   you will fill me with joy in your presence, 
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand."



Morning thoughts: Abandonment is on my heart this morning. I think Qudrat is worried about leaving. He is to return to his orphanage in Kabul on Tuesday. He keeps telling me "he miss me." When he runs with me in the morning it is with one hand on my shoulder. He says his stomach hurts. He lives in a wonderful place compared to where he could be — so I'm happy for him that way. But I do pray he is comforted during yet another time of change. I know God will show him his path of life just like he does for all of his other children.

As I am sitting here trying to avoid work, I checked out CNN and came across this — another story of abandoned people and loss. This woman's story is inspiring:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/07/07/cnnheroes.janson.tsunami.children/index.html?hpt=hp_t2


His Deed/The Day: I need to work desperately. I need to just sit down and focus without interruption for a day at least. I had a babysitter for the boys this morning for three hours, but it hardly put a dent in my work load (did I tell you I just got two awesome new contracts...Florida Coastal School of Law magazine and one for the Times-Union?) What I really needed and wanted to do was to sit and work in silence without anyone touching me or leaning on me or looking over my shoulder. Today's deed was, instead, to be present at a very rainy, and very fun Afghan swimming party at the home of a lovely family. It wasn't the day I thought I needed, but maybe it was what I needed? I suppose everything gets done in due time. Worry not...

No comments:

Post a Comment