How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 136

Scripture: Ps 105:1-11; Genesis 29:15-28; Romans 8:26-39; Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52


Scripture standout: Romans 8 "37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[c] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Another random one from Biblegateway:

“Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.” Psalm 112:5 NIV


Morning thoughts: Today I have generously lent out my family to several sources for the selfish purpose of enjoying a day to myself. I'm not sure if that means good will come to me or not, but it feels nice to have some silence — at least a day of it, to boot! Marley is staying at the home of a new camp friend from Orlando, and Ben and David have gone out to the beach to spend time with visiting family. And here I sit, pleased as punch that I have put away all the clean laundry, started the dishwasher, unthawed chicken for tonight's dinner and made all the beds. Now what, is my thought. And I am relishing the sound of it. Now what. It feels nice to ponder my decadent options — one of which is, to do absolutely nothing but sit here a minute!



His Deed/The Day: I went to the "outdoor lifestyle mall" of ours, St. Johns Town Center, to troll the back to school section of Target and check out a couple of places. I stopped for many early Sunday afternoon shoppers crossing the road, without impatience. Then more. Then some more. And with the last, "no you go 'head," a space opened up in front of the store I needed to dash into for a second. Good parking karma? Or something else...

Second deed, picked up a friend from the airpot. More low-hanging, grab-able fruit. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment