How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 127

Scripture: Ps 31, 35; 1 Samuel 21:1-15; Acts 13:13-25; Mark 3:7-19


Scripture standout: Ps 31: "14 But I trust in you, LORD; 
   I say, “You are my God.” 
15 My times are in your hands;"



Morning thoughts: Lord, give me the strength to work and be party captain at the same time in this house today.


His Deed/The day: Second to the last day of Ashraf's pin-turning assistance. Also, does going to see "Monte Carlo" with two preteens count as a deed? Especially if I actually watched the movie? (and secretly enjoyed it?)

In all honesty, I tried to make a small donation to the fund for a family in Texas. My Pay Pal account is all messed up, so I couldn't do it. Maybe someone else will have better luck than I did. I can't stop thinking about this family, the Berry Family. The look like a fun, All-American young family...two young boys and a little sister. Last week, they were en route to Houston from a vacation in Colorado. On a two-lane highway, another car ran into their mini-van, killing the precious parents and paralyzing both boys beneath their waist. The little girl is OK. They're living with an uncle and aunt now. I know our lives are like a breath, but I wish this family had many more together:

The Berry Family Donation Site

No comments:

Post a Comment