How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 131

Scripture: Ps 45, 47, 48; 1 Samuel 25:1-22; Acts 14:1-18; Mark 4:21-34


Scripture standout: Mark 4: "21 He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? 22For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open."


Morning thoughts: Hide it under a  bushel, no! I'm gonna let it shine! Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine! Memories of camp are sweet. I remember singing that ditty at camp, which I was NOT into by the way. Yet, I am VERY glad my own children enjoy camp and am pleased to know they are hearing this message times 10 while they are there.

Obviously, the main man is talking about sharing the Christ spirit and that flame that can touch others so deeply. But what's all that talk about what's hidden is mean to be disclosed and concealed things being brought out in the open? When does one hide something, or keep it concealed?

Take yesterday for example. I was very, very put out by an event I won't describe (because it involves folks I wouldn't want to "out") — one that involves someone taking advantage of my time. I was beyond angry for many reasons! Yet, when the apology came, I did not share my sharp feelings. I just said "no worries." Is that wrong? Or is scripture being fulfilled because I'm disclosing it right now?

When should opinions, feelings or acts be hidden, and when should they be out there like an open booke?


His Deed/The Day: Marley was really hungry this afternoon after her fencing camp. Marley, the child of mine who doesn't eat, requested a hot turkey sandwich from Firehouse Subs. In my flabbergasted state that she was actually requesting a semihealthy food source, I made haste with her to the restaurant. Our tab was $7.14. The cashier asked if I wanted to "round up" and help wildfire victims. Again, without reservation, I said yes and thanked him for the opportunity. Thank goodness for that, because I was beginning to wonder how hard it was going to be to continue deeding without Afghan children in the house.

1 comment:

  1. That little light is the Love of Jesus and the saving knowledge of His Grace. We hide it under a bushel when we don't tell others about Him because it is not P.C.
    I have a reoccurring vision of me in heaven and looking across the great divide to someone I knew who isn't with me and them saying to me...........
    "You knew and didn't tell me about the life I could have had?"
    "Well I didn't want to offend you" is going to sound pretty thin then.

    ReplyDelete