How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 172

Scripture: Ps 38; 1 Kings 9:24-10:13; James 3:1-12; Mark 15:1-11


Scripture standout: Ps 38: "9 All my longings lie open before you, Lord; 
   my sighing is not hidden from you."

Morning thoughts: I know what Marley wants for her birthday next month. I hear about it — a lot. She wants Pepper, the new Husky dog from American Girl,


and some game where you can magically lift a ball in the air by using your brain powers.


She also wouldn't mind having an iTouch that takes video.

And any dollars that  that could be deposited in the "Go-Cart Fund" she and Ethan have established, would be GREATLY appreciated.

She wants some of those running shoes that look like you're in bare feet.

She wants to one day live in the playroom. She wants to have a life like iCarly. She wants to be a rock star one day. She tells me this. I hear it. And Lord knows, I see it!



I also hear Marley sighing when she has to do her homework. I hear her screech like a dying eagle when Ben taunts her. I hear her sweet, soft breathing when I peak in on her at night.

Moms know. God knows.

His Deed/The Day: A friend is gathering goods and items for a mother who sleeps under the bridge with her two kids. Uggh. I can't even begin to imagine. I brought her a Winn-Dixie gift card to share with the mother. That is such a drop in her bucket. Also called a friend to thank her for a nice evening. I need to do that more often — call people and thank them for their hospitality. It's so easy, and so meaningful. Today someone sent me a "atta-girl" letter about the new Teachable Moments stories in the paper. Made my day! I'll have to do more of that for people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment