How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 155

Scripture: Ps 107:33-43, 108:1-13; 2 Samuel 16:1-23; Acts 22:17-29; Mark 11:1-11


Scripture standout: Mark 11: "1 As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, 2 saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here... 7 When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it."


Morning thoughts: I'm not sure why this stands out to me today, but I like the idea of Jesus using a little colt to get around on one of his final nights. He didn't ask his peeps to go snatch him a fancy horse, or a sweet cart or some other whip — he asked for an untrained, unridden, probably tiny, helpless baby horse. And little pony didn't flip out or whinny or rear up and run away when Jesus saddled up. He accepted the mission.

God uses the untrained, the inexperienced and the weak for big jobs, too!

OK, and I just can't heppit...The song for this product keeps running through my mind. "My Little Poooneee...My Little Poooneee..."



See! Little ponies can be magical, whimsical creatures capable of great good! There is even a My Little Pony who looks like the pony in the story from Mark. Wow!


No wait! That's actually Princess Lea Pony! Don't go to the Dark Side little pony! (and if you're curious what a My Little Stormtrooper Pony looks like, here 'tis:)





His Deed/The Day: Thank goodness for the Afghans in my life, because today's deed was bringing dinner to my friend, Ashraf.  Sniff. Ashraf lives with another family now. But he had a big surgery yesterday to remove the frame on his foot. It is an exciting time for him. He is in a cast now, and recuperating at the home of his new family. I brought them a Persian meal tonight.

Here's the weird part. On my way there, I saw a huge beautiful rainbow..left to right! The whole thing! As I was admiring it, I noticed a cloud of feathers and a dead goose flailing in the road ahead. I gasped. As I drove by I saw him trying to flap and get away, trying to lift his head. Awful! He was still alive. In a panic, I pulled over and tried to turn around in the road. I noticed another car had pulled over. By the time I pulled back around to see if I could help, the goose had been pulled to the side of the road and was dead as a doornail. What does all that mean?!?!?!?! Rainbow? Dead goose? Happy Afghan?

No comments:

Post a Comment