How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 152

Scripture: Ps 101, 109; Ps 119:121-144; 2 Samuel 14:21-33; Acts 21:15-26; Mark 10:17-31


Scripture standout: Mark 10: "1 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”


Morning thoughts: Last first, huh?


His Deed/The Day: Before I forget, my blog clock has been off. Speaking of being first or last, I am never up at 3 a.m. With the clock being messed up, it looks like I never sleep! I sleep very well in fact! The latest I've been up in a long, long time was last weekend when I stayed up working until 2 a.m. But that was a joy! So, now it's fixed. Usually, I blog before bedtime at 10 p.m. and then again in the morning before 10 a.m.

OK, so today's deed was not completely pulling a Mommy Dearest at Firehouse Subs (yes, we were there AGAIN!) when Ben spilled his entire, freshly filled cherry Coke-lemonade-Dr. Pepper-Full-of-Sticky-Goodness Monster cup. You know the sound! The sound of ice and liquid splashing unmercifully on the dirty tile floor. Yuck. Also "rounded up!" again. Brought a friend who just got home from out-of-town a little dinner — and of course, some Gnarly Head chardonnay to help her make it through re-entry with some sanity.

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend -- nothing makes sense at 3:27 in the morning. Pull those covers up over your sweet head.
    I believe this means that the "last" in society -- the poor and disenfranchised will be on the top of the heap in heaven.
    "The poor in spirit"
    Humility is the ticket to get there.
    Once when we were having our home landscaped with a new stone wall the Mexicans who were doing the work were accomplishing the work that no American would be interested in doing.
    I made them biscuits and when Joe asked why I told them that in heaven this house might be owned by them -- not us. Thought it might be a good idea to get on their good side.
    God's kingdom is upside down.
    I like that. There is a chance for me to be cool one day?

    ReplyDelete