How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 148

Scripture: Ps 88, 91, 92; 2 Samuel 12:1-14; Acts 19:21-41; Mark 9:14-29.

Scripture standout: Ps 91: "4 For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD; 
   I sing for joy at what your hands have done."
Mark 9:"19 “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”

Morning thoughts: My frustration with the repetitive nature of parenting is, I think, pretty universal. I can't even count many times I've murmured, "yes MA'AM," when my children are answering another adult with the instinctive, "yeah." I often wonder when it will sink in that a wet towel should be hung, not strewn.


I bang my head against the wall daily when the kids refuse to try vegetables or new foods. They don't believe me about how they'll get scurvy,



or the fact that carrots will give them x-ray vision. Their preference is to eat any food that is white, tan and/or bland. Teeth brushing? Forget it! We have a sign at the top of the stairs —in a very obvious, eye-level location that no one coming down the stairs could POSSIBLY miss — that asks a very simple, yet important, question. HAVE YOU BRUSHED YOUR TEETH? And still, if you ask either of the kids at bedtime whether they have brushed their teeth that day...they will give you a sheepish no. Uggghh!!

How long shall I put up with you????

His Deed/The Day: I remained poised and concerned, not angry, when my beautiful daughter slipped getting into my newly detailed Beast Master (yes, I was deeded! By David!) and smashed a fistfull of Saltine crackers into the carpet that has only been this clean once in its existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment