How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 144

Scripture: Ps 80, 77; 2 Samuel 7:1-17; Acts 18:1-11; Mark 8:11-21


Scripture standout: Mark 8: "18 Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?”


Morning thoughts: Why is it so easy to forget the amazing, unexplainable, good things that happen — and so easy to get stuck in life's little sticker burs? I have to go to Adventure Landing today. And instead of thinking that I GET to go, and how great it is that I have at least a little work that allows me flexibility to do these things with my awesome kiddos, I am dwelling on the anxiety that I just need to have a few days to myself and to once and for all get squared away with all my work projects. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. I ain't got no bread. When instead I need to remember how I am really rolling in the dough.


His Deed/The Day: I got in the water. Despite the whiffs of watery poo and hair and everything else gross my imagination conjured, I got in the wave pool. Because as much as the kids want me to take them someplace fun like Adventure Landing, what they want 10 times more...is for me to GET IN. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment