How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 227

Scripture: Ps 45, 47, 48; Ezra 5:1-17; Revelation 4:1-11; Matthew 13:1-9
Scripture standout: Ps 48: "14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; 
   he will be our guide even to the end."

His Deed/The Day: Went to WeGive.org. That is a very cool site. They showcase local organizations and their needs. With a very very small donation, I signed up to help a senior citizen get utensil device that helps him or her eat with dignity. I want to start paying it forward on the senior side now...those days are ahead for us all!

On the way home yesterday, I heard that a friend was sick. So I slid into a store real quick and grabbed some frozen soup to send home with her son. This is one observation I have about deeding. I think most time it starts with the question "What can I do for that person?" Or "If I were that person in that situation, what would help me out or make me feel better?" At that point, it is deeding's critical junction. Will you, or won't you act on the answer? Sometimes it's super easy! Like today, I thought of the answer while I was passing a to-go store that I could very easily just wheel into. Sometimes, the answer takes a little more  planning or doing. But no good ever comes out of letting the answer go by un-addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment