How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 219

Scripture: Ps 25, 9, 15: Jeremiah 44:1-14; 1 Corinthians 15:30-41; Matthew 11:16-24
Scripture standout: 1 Corinthians 15: "What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body."


Ps 25: "4 Show me your ways, LORD, 
   teach me your paths. 
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
   for you are God my Savior, 
   and my hope is in you all day long."

His Deed/The Day: Went to the UPS store today to mail some birthday presents. Everyone was grumpussing in there because they didn't have internet service, and apparently it wasn't the first time. So everyone was filling out forms and calling in credit cards, etc. etc...slow, slow, slow, back to the old days. Anyway, there was a particularly grumpussy older woman in line and smile as I might, I could not get her to return a smile. She was not happy. Instead of writing her off, I decided to eavesdrop. Turns out, I knew who she was and asked her if she was my acquiantaince's mother. And her face lit up, and she was so excited to engage. She even shared some compliments about my work, which is a rare occasion! Is engaging a deed? I'm going to say yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment