How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 207

Scripture: Ps 128, 129, 130; 2 Kings 22:14-23:3; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34; Matthew 9:9-17


Scripture standout: Matthew 9: "11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
 12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

His Deed/The Day: Tonight, as I was cooking some broccoli in the toaster oven with a little olive oil and garlic salt, I remembered that an old friend had taught me all about the toaster oven and its magic. When the kids were little, she taught me how you can throw a small piece of meat in there and make a fabulous steak with a little garlic salt and olive oil. It stuck with me. So I thanked her for sharing that knowledge tonight.

Another friend's family is going through a horrible tragedy. Just when you think you know the limits of your friend's challenges, another layer thickens...which is the the case with her. Swung through Terry's Kitchen for a big vat of chicken tettrazinni for all the family coming in town tonight. My heart's heavy for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment