How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 216

Scripture: Ps 16, 17, 22; Jeremiah 38:14-28; 1 Corinthians 15:1-11; Matthew 11:1-6


Scripture standout: Ps 16: "8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. 
   With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
   my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
   nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
   you will fill me with joy in your presence,
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

His Deed/The Day: I am not good at giving strangers compliments. It feels weird sometimes, as much as I know how meaningful they can be. Today, I was interviewing a teacher for my TU project. She was really funny and outgoing, but she was not excited about the fact that I had to take her picture. I wouldn't have been either — she'd just finished a sweaty game of duck duck goose, had no makeup on and was definitely in Friday 3 p.m. mode. Not the best time for this plain-ish, larger-framed gal with the hearty laugh. But I took one anyway. And when that girl smiled, wowweeee! She looked so pretty and had the bluest eyes I'd ever seen on a person! And I told her so. It didn't feel weird at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment