How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 215

Scripture: Ps 18:1-50; Jeremiah 38:1-13; 1 Corinthians 14:26-33, 37-40; Matthew 10:34-42


Scripture standout: Ps 18: "12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced, 
   with hailstones and bolts of lightning. "

Matthew 10: "37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

His Deed/The Day: Continuing the prayer vigil for a loved one. Spent some work time figuring out the upcoming Interfaith Forum. We'll be discussing faith's role in education. Hopefully that is a deed...to promote community discussion on what people of all faiths can do to support kids in our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment