How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 74

Scripture: Ps 31:1-16; Acts 7:55-60; 1 Peter 2:2-10; John 14:1-14


Scripture standout: John: 14: "14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."



Morning thoughts: Lord, please give me a day when I can wear my pajamas all day, watch a Housewives of whatever city marathon and eat things that are bad for me. I am feeling the heat of summer "I'm boreds" and "what's nexts." Three more days of school can make a mother wish she had a kitchen staff and a personal assistant.  Now, off to the hospital to relieve some people who have been sitting with Ashraf nearly around the clock. Then on to a piano recital, and trumpet concert...then a cast off on Monday. Does NeNe Leakes worry about life's details and events? 


The Deed/The Day: Isn't it funny how a day changes. I woke up this morning wanting to be more like NeNe Leakes and less like myself and in my life. This morning's perspective was all about how my day was all about everyone else, and not at all about me. It was all about Ashrafulla's hospital stay, Marley's Dorito needs, Ben's piano recital, Ben's trumpet recital, Ben's desire to go to the Village Inn. I grumped through a good bit of the day. And now that it's in the rear view mirror, I look at it through a new lens. What a privilege of a day it was! How wonderful that Marley could eat Doritos and not through a feeding tube. What blessings that Ashrafulla is doing so much better in the hospital. How proud I am of Ben's musical accomplishments. Village Inn? Well, I don't have much to say about that. But it's amazing how tainting sour morning thoughts can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment