How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 93

Scripture: Ps 102, Ps 107:1-32; Ezekiel 34:17-31; Hebrews 8:1-13; Luke 10:38-42


Scripture standout: Ps 102: "1 Hear my prayer, LORD; 
   let my cry for help come to you. 
2 Do not hide your face from me 
   when I am in distress. 
Turn your ear to me; 
   when I call, answer me quickly."

Luke 10: "38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”   41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”



This one was not in today's readings, but it was today's verse highlight on the biblegateway.com page. I like this one, good simple advice which I need a lot of in my life: "“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians 3:13


Morning thoughts: I am pretty mechanical when it comes to my mornings. Wake up. Sneak downstairs. Fish running shoes out of shoe bin. Read scripture. Drink water. Apply lip balm. Quietly unlock front door. Run. This morning, I added a sweet hug from Quodrat just after the "fish running shoes out of shoe bin." I was surprised on a few levels — one that there was someone downstairs, and two that such a chipper person was already up at 6:30. He wanted to come on my run. And despite fighting back the red flashing lights from my robotic systems and the screeches of "DOES NOT COMPUTE! DOES NOT COMPUTE" we had a lovely time together.


His Deed/The Day: I went to the hospital today to sit with Hikmat. She looks great, but had a great deal of throat pain from the breathing tube during surgery. I was her drool assistant. If I was a betting girl, I'd say she'll be up and at 'em quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment