How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 104

Scripture: Ps 97, 99, 94; 1 Samuel 6:1-16; Acts 5:27-42; Luke 21:37—22:13


Scripture standout: Acts 5: "38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”


Psalm 97: "5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, 
   before the Lord of all the earth. 
6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness, 
   and all peoples see his glory."

Morning thoughts: Today, David and I are leaving for the mountains for a little 15th Anniversary R&R and to pick the kids up from camp. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I let go of my little "to-do" list and morning anxieties, all got done in a timely and worry-free manner. Marley was released from the infirmary at camp, Ashraf had a great doctor's visit and Qodrat's not mad at me anymore for whatever it was he was mad about. He even gave me a hug last night and said he was going to miss me. Sniff.

I can't wait to see the mountains again, and I love the semi-frightening idea of God being so powerful he could melt them. Now, if I could only melt away my mountain-driving carsickness.


His Deed/The Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment