How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 108

Scripture: Ps 107:33-43, 108:1-6(7-13) * 33;  1 Samuel 9:15—10:1; Acts 7:30-43; Luke 22:39-51

Scripture standout: "42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.[a]"

Morning thoughts: I have thought a lot about capacity for the past couple of months. I've thought a lot about how full my cup has gotten, and my fears about not being able to hold it. More on that later...

His Deed/The Day: A lot of door holding and way-making at the Georgia Aquarium today. And all an afternoon to support a beautiful niece who plays a mean game of volleyball. When I have two seconds, I want to explore capacity big time. No time yet...going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment