How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 323

Scripture: Ps 56, 57, 64, 65; Genesis 19:1-29; Hebrews 11: 1-12; John 6:27-40


Scripture standout: Ps 65: " 5 You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, 
   God our Savior, 
the hope of all the ends of the earth 
   and of the farthest seas, 
6 who formed the mountains by your power, 
   having armed yourself with strength, 
7 who stilled the roaring of the seas, 
   the roaring of their waves, 
   and the turmoil of the nations. 
8 The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; 
   where morning dawns, where evening fades, 
   you call forth songs of joy."

John 6: "35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”"



His Deed/The Day: A hearty congratulations to a friend who made major progress in a big project.


And on a weird note, RB and I likely deeded a strung out gal we met up with our on Monday morning run. It was pretty scary, actually. As we were going our separate ways, this nasty old pervo white van stops and parks right next to us. The girl driving tells us she just wants to get home. She said she'd been abducted, and "they" wouldn't let her go for four days. She asked for directions to Atlantic Boulevard. Then repeated all her questions again. Being that it was a highly weird situation — potentially dangerous — we gave her directions to Atlantic Boulevard and kept stepping back. Maybe, hopefully, that's all she needed to get home. Maybe deeding isn't always heartwarming. Maybe it's scary sometimes. Regardless...running with a phone now, at least I will if I can remove all the gummy fruits from the inside of my pouch that have been there since lending it to the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment