How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 317

Scripture: Ps 45, 47, 48; Genesis 15:1-11, 17-21; Hebrews 9:1-14; John 5: 1-18


Scripture standout: Ps 48: "14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; 
   he will be our guide even to the end."

Hebrews 9: "13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!"

John 5: "17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

His Deed/The Day: Our priest's mother died last week. Thank goodness for the extra Terry's Kitchen casserole in the freezer and the notepad by my desk. It made me wonder, do parishioners take care of the priest during a time of need like this — just like her or she takes care of parishioners? I hope so.

Today I also did a deed that ticked me off. I have a kind-of-friend, who asks for help with her child every single GD time she calls, texts or emails me. Anyone have a KOF like that? She asked if I could help this week. I wanted to say no, but frankly the ask is so manageable and her child is so sweet that I just can't. But the anger persists. David said to consider it charity work — which I did. After a morning of grumbling, it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment