How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 322

Scripture: Ps 111; Deuteronomy 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 8:1-13; Mark 1:21-28

Scripture standout: A favie fave...LOVE this one, it was the quote of the day on Biblegateway. Possibly this is the foundation of this little experiment:

Mark 9:35: “Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.””


Ps. 111: "2 Great are the works of the LORD; 
   they are pondered by all who delight in them. 
3 Glorious and majestic are his deeds, 
   and his righteousness endures forever."

His Deed/The Day: Sometimes, during those rare church experiences where I can actually focus (i.e., when the kids are acolyting, or it's just me flying solo) I instead zone out into some mystical quiet land where thoughts just zip in and out of my mind. I stare at what people are wearing, I wonder if so-and-so is there, I think about what I'm doing the rest of the day, I ponder whose child is screaming in the back of the church. Today's deed was to focus on praying with the congregation and for the special needs of the church and for those facing challenges. It felt good to be there doing what I was supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment