How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lent Day 43 (Day 389 of Experiment)



Scripture: Ps 116:1, 10-17; Exodus 12:1-4(5-10)11-14; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; John 13:1-17, 31b-35


Scripture standout: John 13: "After he had washed their feet, had put on his robe, and had returned to the table, he said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord--and you are right, for that is what I am. So if I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you. Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them."


His Deed/The Day: I'm going to do-good you all (and your husbands) by making a book suggestion. Quickly, and covertly, download 50 Shades of Grey. I read it during our France trip to see what all the fuss was about. Let's just say it gives new meaning to the words "servant" and "master." My college girlfriend who suggested it warned me that I just might join the Mile-High Club if I read it on the plane, and I see what she means now! OK, so it's not a very reverent book to read during Holy Week. But it is a nasty little bit of literature that will help turn you into a Good Samaritan at bedtime. Wink, wink.


Deedsclosure: I could blab on and on about the trials of being a do-gooding wife in this department. But I won't because I struggle here — and it's Holy Week, Maundy Thursday to be exact, and this conversation sounds — so NOT holy. BUT, women who are wiser than I have said how important it is to be a Dolly Do-Gooder in this area. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment