How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 41 of Lent (Day 387 of Experiment)



Scripture: Ps 71:1-14; Isaiah 49:1-7; 1 Corinthians 1:18-31; John 12:20-36; Mark 11: 27-36


Scripture standout: John 12: "24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."


John 12: "32 And I, when I am lifted up[a] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”


His Deed/The Day: Coked the yard workers today and upped the payment total at Firehouse Subs to an even amount for the firefighters association — a purchase which included a cherry Coke for ailing Ben. God, I love Firehouse for this obvious do-gooding opportunity. The majority of the day, however, has been spent deeding Ben who is home for day two of some nasty virus. I have been perfecting the chipper and motherly, "Honey, what can I get for you" refrain throughout the day.


Deedsclosure: As always, Miss Honey is an overflowing pot of great ideas when it comes to Good Samaratinizing. She went to Ireland last week and brought back with her the names of all the hotel and restaurant employees who served her in some capacity. Then she wrote their bosses and praised them. What a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment