How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 292

Scripture: Ps 18; 2 Samuel 23:13-17b; 2 John: 1-13; John 2:1-11

Scripture standout: Ps 18: "I love you, Lord. 
      You give me strength. 
 2 The Lord is my rock and my fort. He is the One who saves me. 
      My God is my rock. I go to him for safety. 
      He is like a shield to me. He's the power that saves me. He's my place of safety."
His Deed/The Day: OK, so last night David, Dad and I went to Bistro Aix for a little farewell dinner. Serendipitously, David's sister Margaret and her husband Tom arrived and we enjoyed a lovely little evening out with great food and even better company. Margaret and Tom left early for a concert and paid their half. Then the waitress told those of us remaining that our bill had been "taken care of." How nice! I figured we'd been deeded by Margaret and Tom and texted them a thanks. Trouble is, they didn't pay for our half. Not sure who did! The plot thickened! So I called the restaurant just now to fess up. They thanked me for doing the right thing, but after some research — determined that DAVID had paid. Confusing. Oh well, maybe just trying to "do the right thing" is a semi-deed?

No comments:

Post a Comment