How to Do-Good

Quick How-To Guide: Start the day with a little silence, scripture (via Forward Day by Day, if you choose) and prayer. Then open your eyes and make it a practice to be hyper-aware of who and what's going on around you. Deploy that deed with confidence when God gives you his signature gentle nudge. This may feel awkward and unnatural. #NoWorries #GoWithIt #DeedWellDone #BlessingsEnsueJustWait

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 275

Scripture: Ps 45, 47, 48; Zechariah 2:1-13; Revelation 3:14-22; Matthew 24: 32-44

Scripture standout: Zechariah 2: "10 " 'People of Zion, shout and be glad! I am coming to live among you,' announces the Lord. 11 'At that time many nations will join themselves to me. And they will become my people. I will live among you.' says the Lord. Then you will know that the Lord who rules over all has sent me to you.
 12 "He will receive Judah as his share in the holy land. And he will choose Jerusalem again.
 13 "All you people of the world, be still because the Lord is coming. He is getting ready to come down from his holy temple in heaven."

Revelation 3: "0 'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If any of you hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with you. And you will eat with me."

His Deed/The Day: $10 to White Oak Plantation to buy a rhino hay for the day. What the hay! We are leaving for Colorado on Friday. Yup. The plane is taking off...and I'll be on it, even if I haven't finished my work, my projects, Christmas cards, Christmas presents or planning Christmasy events. I'm just going to let it all go — but before that, I'm going to stockpile some deeds since I won't be writing for a few days. Yesterday, I got to a few that will tide me over until we return, I think...rang the Salvation Army bell (LOVED that. LOVED it! Will definitely be something we can do next year)....brought food to my sick sis-in-law and a family, a sweet special family, that has taken in another foster baby. This baby was five days old when she came into their life. That is just something.

No comments:

Post a Comment